Some women chose to wear a sew in because they are natural and its less maintenance. While some women wear them because their hair is thinning or has always been thin. Others wears sew ins tochange the legnth to short or longer. Sew ins create more volume and a fuller look and can make you feel more confident.
Many celebrities have been using this method for many years. Your sew in will look as if it is growing from your scalp. And oh, the many things you can do with it... You can wear it in a bun, a ponytail and the list goes on and on. One install can last anywhere from 2 to 3 months depending on how well you take care of it. Everyone loves the convenience of not having to go to the salon every two weeks and also saving a few bucks.
So I'm excited today to show you how to install a sew in.
Here's what you'll need to get started:
-bundles of hair weave (2-3)
-flat iron/curling tool
-light holding mist
1. Braid your hair in a braiding pattern to create a base. Section off you leave out which will more than likely be in the top front of your head and maybe around your edges if you plan on pulling it up from time to time.
|There is no specific braid pattern that works for everyone. Each style varies and each clients hair and head is different.|
2. Place your hair net over your head and sew down the perimeter. If you choose to not use a net thats fine. (You do have the option to use a net for better security and a more flatter look or not. Some people like to get to their scalps for washing and oiling, in that case no net will be needed.)
3. Begin sewing the bundle of hair on to the bottom and work your way to the top crown of your head using the flip over method. (Flip over method means do not cut your tracks just flip them over at the end of each row and continue sewing in the opposite direction)
4. Cut and style hair using your flat iron/curling tool and your done.
|The hair we used is 2 bundles of 14 inch Indian body wave from msboomboomroom.com|
5. Last, flip your hair and remember girls just wanna have fun.
To book an appointment click the link below: